National Service Scheme is a student – centered programme and it is complementary to education. It is a noble experiment in academic extension. It inculcates the spirit of voluntary work among students and teachers through sustained community interaction. It brings our academic institutions closer to the society. It is a link between the campus and community, the college and village, knowledge and action. The overall aim of NSS is the Personality Development of students through community service. It gives an extension dimension to Higher Education system and orients the student youth to community service..
Due to COVID-19 Virus Spread, Govt. has announced a nationwide lockdown to the country until the 14th April 2020. Stay safe and be at home! Read More...
National Service Scheme
- Personality Development of students through community service
The broad objectives of NSS are to:-
- Understand the community in which they work;
- Understand themselves in relation to their community;
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process;
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility;
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems;
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities;
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation;
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude;
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disaster and Practice national integration and social harmony
Lord make me an instrument of your peace