The Purpose of organized physical education, sports and games activities is to create an environment that stimulates selected movement experiences resulting indesirable responses that contribute to the optimal development of the individual’s potentailities in all the phases of life.
In this direction, to organize and conduct various activities, Sports and Games Committee is formed with the following objectives:
- To help students to achieve a health-enhancing life of physical activity.
- To help students to understand and respect individual differences among people in physical settings.
- To provide for a safe physical environment.
- To provide students with a variety of activities that will enhance life – long learning and participation.
- To develop superior individual / team skills and process.
- To promote physical excellence.
The Charges of the Committee are the following:
- To assist and encourage the students to participate very actively in organising and conducting various sports and games both indoor and outdoor in the college during Saturday afternoon sessions for all students of engineering streams.
- To organize inta-class & inter – class sports and games competitions at the college level to identity talents in various sports and games both indoor and outdoor to bulid astrong college level teams to participate at the State Level and National Level competitions.
- To encourage the students to actively participate in various sports and games competitions conducted by other colleges.
- To organize college level sports and games competitions both for students and staff as part of the college annual day celebrations.
- To organize annual region/state/national level inter colligate sports and games competitions in the college to promote ” Unity in Diveristy”.
- To maintain reocrds of sports and games events attended by students within the college, within the univeristy and outside at the region/state /national level and their achievements/ awards.